Know Your Rights
If you are seeking an abortion, you should know your legal rights:
- You have the right to insist that only a licensed physician can perform your abortion.
- You have the right to know whether this physician has ever had his or her medical license suspended.
- You have the right to verify that this physician has medical malpractice insurance to protect and compensate you in case you are injured during the procedure.
- You have the right to be immediately transferred by ambulance to the nearest emergency hospital or trauma center if you are injured during the abortion procedure.
- Women considering abortion should never sign a waiver releasing the doctor, abortion clinic or staff from liability for abortion-related injuries.